LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk!
LRS Consulting Services is seeking an IT Support Specialist for a contract to hire opportunity with our client in Carrollton, TX! LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The IT Support Specialist position provides a single point of contact to the organization for information technology related problems. Assists internal employees via telephone, remote assistance, and trouble ticket inquiries. Resolves or escalates IT system issues and problems to the appropriate Tier 2 teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides first line support for any information technology issues
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
- Provides assistance by phone, remote assistance, and using the ticket system
- Documents all troubleshooting steps within trouble ticket and remote assistance tool
- Updates the internal knowledge base with issue resolution details
- Performs password resets Supports desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones and applications
- Escalates critical incidents to Team Lead and/or Help Desk Manager Escalates fully documented problems as required to Tier 2 and support teams
- Acts as a liaison between customers and Tier 2 teams Determines quickly and accurately incident scope and impact
- Follows up on tickets at pre-defined intervals until resolved
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with ITIL Foundations
- Experience with Windows 7 Professional and MS Office 2010
- Experience with Application/Software installation and configuration
- Experience with troubleshooting concepts
- Experience with Network troubleshooting concepts
- Experience with printer troubleshooting is required
- Experience with Active Directory
- Able to provide support for various types of smart phones and tablets.
- Experience troubleshooting Citrix issues is required
- Experience with researching solutions to new and unfamiliar technical problems and providing documentation for the team's knowledge base
- Excellent customer service skills required
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Corporate IT Help Desk environment
- Minimum of 1 year of Citrix experience.
- Must be available to work all scheduled hours
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Demonstrated experience researching information, problem solving, and making solid business decisions
- Demonstrated experience in analytical, critical thinking, and research techniques
- Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience producing accurate and detailed work on multiple projects under time pressure
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, time management, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience discussing complex business and technology issues with business users and customers
- Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status;