View all jobs in this category
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) needs your sales skills. We are a global leader in information technology solutions known for innovation, quality, integrity, and financial strength. Since our founding in 1979 we have grown and succeeded in diverse technological markets because of the talented people who have joined us. Our headquarters is in Springfield, IL, but we do business worldwide. We have hundreds of employees working in dozens of locations around the globe, and we value the contributions of every employee. LRS people are known for being honest, self-motivated, and hard working. You can help us reinforce that reputation and be part of our success.
You will sell industry-leading Enterprise Output Management (EOM) software to an established territory of Fortune 2000 companies via inside and outside sales methods. Our EOM solutions manage the distribution of application, desktop, and mobile device output throughout the enterprise, helping organizations reduce their total costs for critical document delivery. We see great opportunity and your sales expertise will be essential to our growth plans.
In this key role, you will assume lead sales responsibility for your accounts. Your critical thinking skills, initiative and self-motivation will be vital to your success. You will develop a clear understanding of the business operating environments and output management requirements of prospective customers. You will identify customer success criteria and determine what it takes to close opportunities. You will spend a significant portion of your time calling accounts as you work to expand new and existing customer relationships.
As an Account Executive you will:
- Be responsible for managing a territory of assigned customer and prospective accounts within a specific geography and be expected to:
- Attain a sales quota.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline.
- Foster partner relationships.
- Prospect within your list of assigned accounts.
- Utilize top-down selling techniques to determine key decision makers.
- Schedule and conduct face-to-face appointments with key decision makers and project groups.
- Collaborate with assigned technical pre-sales engineering personnel to understand the prospective account’s I.T. landscape and current output management environment.
- Prepare and present a compelling value proposition with a supporting business case.
- As necessary, gain prospect’s commitment to evaluate LRS products within their environment.
- Present LRS solutions to improve customer output management computing environments.
- Propose LRS solutions and assist customers in justifying the acquisition of LRS EOM software
- Build ongoing relationships with key decision makers to expand future revenue opportunity.
The ideal candidate with be located in Springfield, IL, Chicago, IL, St. Louis, MO, or Kansas City, MO. You will travel a minimum of 30 percent of the time within your assigned territory. Compensation will consist of a base salary plus a commission plan.
Performance Objectives for this position:
- Consistently Achieve Quota: Achieve revenue objectives set forth in your sales plan.
- Learn and Utilize LRS’ Sales Methodology: Within your first three weeks, understand and discuss with your manager the EOM top-down sales methodology.
- Develop Strong Customer Relationships: Establish and maintain at least a monthly telephone contact with your assigned accounts. Build ongoing relationships with the key decision makers in an effort to expand sales opportunities within their organizations.
- Develop New Customers: Average 100 calls per week with key decision makers at assigned customer sites.
- Develop Presentation Skills: Deliver the base EOM presentation, executive-level presentation, and product demonstration.
- Inform LRS management about the status of your accounts: Maintain current and accurate records regarding sales opportunities in the LRS CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) system. Review the status of your accounts with your Sales Manager at least monthly. Review the status of your accounts with senior management at least quarterly.
- You must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience selling enterprise software solutions/technology services to mid-market and large-size companies. At least 50 percent of your last five years' sales experience must have been in an individual contributor sales role. Experience selling into the healthcare industry will make you a stronger candidate.
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorship is available.
- Your strong technical sales aptitude will make you a stronger candidate. You will need to quickly develop a good understanding of LRS’ Output Management solutions. You will use this understanding to create/find opportunities and generate sales. Formal product training on LRS software products will be provided; however, a competent understanding of computing and computer network concepts is required.
- You must record your sales activities in our Dynamics CRM.
- A proven record of consistently exceeding sales quotas will make you a stronger candidate.
- Though this is a direct sales (account) position, experience building relationships with field-based application partners, printer hardware vendors and MPS provider personnel is a plus.
Your success will be measured by your ability to close sales and achieve your sales quota. You will be most successful using Top Down selling techniques with the Senior Technical Managers (CIOs, etc.). You must also maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales-related activities in our Dynamics CRM system.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The EOM Division at Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. comprises more than 150 employees divided between 2 groups: sales/marketing and software development/support. The EOM sales and marketing group has approximately 80 employees based in the USA plus an additional 50 employees based in our international offices. A Senior Vice-President oversees the entire sales and marketing operations both domestically and internationally. The VP of Product Development and Support, VP of North American Sales and EOM Services, VP of European Sales, VP of Capella Technologies Division, Director of Product Management, Director of International Marketing, and European Senior Technical Manager all report to the Senior Vice President.
For the North American group, sales managers report to the Director of North American Sales. You will report directly to the Sales Manager for your region.
For additional information about LRS, please visit jobs.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.