LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking a DB2 Development Engineer for an 8-15-month opportunity with a national client.
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built our reputation by treating our clients and consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Acts independently to, design, develop and maintain database management systems. Deliverables include conceptual design and logic, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plans, data maintenance plans and security policy.
• Design and develop databases. Documents and communicates database design.
• Create and maintain standards and guidelines for database object implementation. This includes, but is not limited to, standards for database names, table names, column names, stored procedure names and parameter names.
• Consults with developers in the areas of query and index optimization.
• Investigates third-party device databases and determines optimal ways of exporting data from external databases to company databases.
• Implements data transformation scripts for data imports that are not well-served by the preferred distributed data import model.
• Provides support and for the Production DBAs as required. This includes reviewing existing database queries, scripts, stored procedures, and DTS packages for efficiency and performance.
• Designs and implements backup and disaster recovery processes and procedures in association with the Production DBA.
• Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization.
• Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
• Continually investigates new technologies for process improvement and competitive advantage.
• May assist less experienced peers.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; business, software and infra engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
• Minimum of six years of technical experience in database design, development or related field.
• Minimum of eight years of hands-on experience with enterprise class database development, focused on transactional environments w/focus around DB2 (within both Mainframe/Distributed environments), and SQL 2014/2016+ is a plus; including redundancy modeling (Disaster Avoidance/Recovery), cross data center high availability, always on, horizontal and vertical scalability, and various forms of data movement (log shipping, replication modeling, Always On, etc.)
• Minimum of six years of hands-on understanding enterprise systems, infrastructure, software design and development, database design and development, and system integration experience
• Solid understanding of Banking/EFT/Financial Institution domain and based technologies.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development techniques.
• Encryption based development, Secure Development and Industry Best Practices for Security, and adherence to PCI compliance and requirements.
• Experience working collaboratively with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and DBAs with the common goal of delivering value to the business.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.;