LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Lead Information Security Engineer for a direct-hire opportunity with our Health Care client in Chicago, IL!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Lead Information Security Engineer will:
- Oversee security projects and performs as lead engineer to ensure effective delivery and alignment with budgetary targets.
- Evaluate new technologies, systems and infrastructure to determine potential security and operational impact.
- Support IT security infrastructure and applications including architecture, projects, deployment, systems administration, change management, upgrades, risk management as well as vendor, managed services and other platform support activities.
- Work closely with IT operations personnel, application developers, administrators, system managers and system owners to design, implement and maintain security controls.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises, and testing, as well as actual disasters or emergency events, by working in collaboration with security and other teams to create and maintain a secure infrastructure.
- Work with networking protocols, MS Active Directory, firewalls, proxies, secure gateway administration, IDS/IPS, penetration testing, data loss prevention and modern security frameworks.
- Learn and adapts quickly to new situations, changing priorities, and disruptive technologies.
- Participate in the processes for innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge.
- Lead Endpoint replacement project removing legacy AV and deploying a Next Generation AV product.
- Utilize Systems Configuration Management products for removal and deployment of AV software.
- Lead SIEM projects. Design system infrastructure architecture across a nationally distributed model.
- Identify necessary log sources and created event sources for log ingestion.
- Develop, execute and manage a plan to migrate Palo Alto, ASA firewalls across different stations to the latest stable version of PAN-OS.
- Develop and maintain enterprise security governance policies including data classification policy, data labeling and handling guidelines, network security standard, file transfer security standard, system classification reference architecture, incident response plan, and guest wireless acceptable use policy.
- Managed requests for proposals, negotiated pricing, resource modeling and engagement timeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Cybersecurity, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Network & Information Security
- Experience leading multiple network security projects
- Strong experience in intrusion detection & prevention, vulnerability analysis, network zoning, and endpoint security management.
- Strong experience in firewall configuration and management (pref., Palo Alto and Cisco ASA)
- Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.;