LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Data Engineer contract-to-hire opportunity (onsite or remote) with our Chicago opinion research client!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Data Engineer will:
- Work with the Data Science team which plays a strategic role in supporting research teams to produce valuable insights for the organization's clients.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to drive innovation in the areas of data storage, data ingestion, data quality, performance tuning, optimization, and system troubleshooting.
- Work with a multi-faceted product team under the guidance of project and functional managers who will provide detailed specifications, schedules, and priorities.
- Be involved in the design and implementation of algorithms, models, and work flows that lead researchers to discover valuable information within large volumes of data from various sources.
- Will organize, harmonize, and analyze data sets, use various technologies to enable data visualization, and create data-centric applications of enduring value to the organization's business.
- Will engage in system setup, ETL pipeline development, production support, executing test plans, and writing data preparation and reporting programs.
- Work be responsible for maintaining, testing, and supporting existing data systems, which may include coding and testing ETL pipelines, data manipulation with integrity preservation, and training others in the end-use of that data.
- Be passionate about staying up to date with new technologies, and recognizing when to use different or emerging technologies as most appropriate for each situation.
- Master's Degree in math, statistics, computer science, data science, social science, public policy or related field.
- Have a strong foundation in areas of statistics, mathematics, and computer programming
- Mature fluency in Python programming
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Bash and Powershell
- Familiarity with code repository tools such as Git
- Minimum 5 years' experience in positions of increasing responsibility, preferably working with large datasets and conducting statistical and quantitative modeling, melding analytics with programming, data mining, clustering, and segmentation.
- Experience with a broad array of data storage platforms, including most or all of the following: SQL databases, NoSQL databases, Big Data, and Data Warehousing Solutions with emphasis on performance tuning, query optimizations, and big data workloads
- Hands-on experience in Data Warehousing design, tuning, and ETL/ELT process development, with strong preference for such experience in large-scale, full-cycle MPP Enterprise Data Warehousing projects
- Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.