Time to get to work! We’re seeking an experienced Telemetry Technician for a
client in Central Illinois. This is a long-term contract for the right person.
If you’re that person and if you have the Telemetry Technician expertise that we need,
submit your resume now! LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT
excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and
strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT
consulting needs. Our contacts, combined with your technical expertise, equals
career possibilities for you.
• Under general supervision and using established procedures and policies applies skills and knowledge to identify, document, investigate, research, and resolve issues and requests for industrial instrumentation, electronic monitoring, metering, controlling and signaling devices; bending and installing conduit; and running 24v DC and 110v AC wiring
• Additional Preferred: Under general supervision and using established procedures and policies applies skills and knowledge of electronics equipment to properly analyze, install and troubleshoot Printers, Headsets, phones, and/or all network cabling from data and voice centers to end users. Working with campus sites and local departments for company moves.
• Commitment to working safely and to the awareness for the safety of coworkers
• Install and troubleshoot industrial instrumentation, electronic monitoring, metering, controlling and signaling devices
• Install and troubleshoot electrical work, including conduit, 24v DC and 110v AC wiring
• Travel to remote locations to repair, maintain, or install instrumentation devices
• Experience working with service management and tracking systems: creating, updating, and closing incident and request tickets
• Maintain schedule for repair, new install, and preventative maintenance work
• Order, configure, install, and support industrial instrumentation devices
• Package and ship equipment to remote locations for overnight replacement
• Assist users on the shop floor with technical issues and support
• Manage and control instrumentation projects, working with contractors and meeting cost, timeline, and quality requirements
• Work with 3rd party vendors on escalated issues
• Working knowledge of WAN/LAN cabling installation/design practices
• Additionally, as time permits, help team in other areas, including with printers, headsets, phones, and/or network cabling
• High school diploma, 2 Year degree in an IT, engineering, or related field or 4+ years of equivalent work experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft office, Word, Excel, VISIO, Access, PowerPoint, and MS Project and the Internet. Working knowledge of Wireless WAN/LAN design, Installation and troubleshooting
• Effective Oral/Written Communications Skills.
• Lifting 40lbs or more, climbing ladders, crawling in tight spaces, walking, standing kneeling, for extended periods of time. Use of PPE working in extreme heat and cold environments. Extensive keyboard operations, sitting and communicating by phone
• Travel up to 50% of time
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written &
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive
consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion,
creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship
status or protected veteran status.