Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't
just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right
person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer for a
Contract to hire or direct placement opportunity with our client in Central Illinois! LRS
Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our
clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients
and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day
to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can
help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you! Cloud Security Engineer will:
• Assist and lead application security architecture reviews, threat modeling, and application security standards.
• Penetration testing, enforcement of OWASP best practices, securing infrastructure
• Secure user experience and contribute to the engineering teams best practice.
• Assist in the design and management of secure network communications.
• Responsible for security processes and how they apply to the organization's infrastructure management.
• Manage cloud-based infrastructure (Azure) for the clients test, development, production and demonstration environment
• Build regular and automated reporting processes for infrastructure vulnerabilities.
• Assist in the architecture of highly-available, and redundant systems and services.
• Understand issues related to on-premises / cloud-based hybrid enterprise deployments, and best practices.
• Assist in architecture, design and implementation of solutions centered on security via on premise solutions, cloud-based solutions, or hybrid environments
• Work primarily with other Information Security Department staff, key departments and project teams to ensure the organization follows appropriate administrative procedures, physical safeguards, technical security services and mechanisms to guard integrity, confidentiality and availability of all data..
• Influence the development of strategic road maps for the organization’s entire security stack
• Assist in the management of the organizations internal PKI Infrastructure.
• Work with staff, vendors, outside consultants, and other third parties to improve the information security posture of the client.
• Participate in ongoing information risk assessments and audits to ensure that information systems are adequately protected and meet applicable legal requirements.
• As assigned by department leadership, participates in researching new or improved tools and technologies in the marketplace which may lead to a more effective information security posture within the organization, as well as that of any partner organizations or peers.
• Create, review and modify policies specific to Information Security with the approval of department leadership to ensure the cient is meeting information security compliance requirements.
• Comply with the clients incident reporting policy and procedures.
• Adhere to all OSHA and the clients training & accomplishments as required per policy.
Must have the following experience:
• Bachelor's degree in related field or at least 2-4 years of experience in Cloud Security Security and/or Information Technology, or a combination of education and experience.
• Current Cloud Certifications are a plus. (Azure Solution Architect).
• Knowledge with a wide range of Azure tools
• Knowledge of O365 Governance and Policies.
• Knowledge of penetration testing methodologies.
• Broad knowledge of API Security, Container Security, Azure Cloud Security.
• Understanding of cloud networking, infrastructure management concepts and tools including: VPN, Firewalls, VMWARE, Servers and Storage
• Experience with DevSecOps tools, Docker, and Kubernetes.
• Manage and update a Linux environment.
• Experience scripting in PowerShell, Python, Perl or other languages.
• Ability to weigh business risks and enforce appropriate information security measures. These measures may include items such as virus protection, security monitoring, intrusion detection, access control to facilities, and access control to computers.
• Must possess the ability to obtain full support and cooperation from upper management and the executive level of the organization.
• Experience with Infrastructure as code (IaC).
· Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written
· Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for
· LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will
receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender
identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
citizenship status or protected veteran status.