View all jobs in this category
Do you like solving problems? Do you like new development? Are you interested in being a developer in a challenging, rewarding, and fast-paced team environment? Now is your chance. The LRS® Retirement Solutions Group is seeking a software developer in Springfield, Illinois based on the increasing number of customers implementing our PensionGold software.
The LRS Retirement Solutions Group has been the leading provider of pension administration software and retirement services since 1987. The current web-based version of PensionGold uses a service-oriented architecture and is developed with Microsoft .Net Framework Version 4.0 tools.
You will be part of the Product Support Team that is focused on developing partnerships with customers across North America and providing high quality support for the PensionGold products they use. You will be responsible for the technical analysis and solution development of reported software issues. You will also provide new technical design and development of software enhancements and custom features for your customers and perform release management activities. You will work as a team with our Business Analysts in creatively solving your customer’s needs. The solutions you develop will be done using proprietary visual development tools, Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server. As a support developer, you will be expected to adhere to PensionGold’s full Product Development Life Cycle process and methodologies.
You will be based at our headquarters in Springfield, Illinois. This position may require occasional travel to customer sites which are located nationwide. The travel will consist of short stays at a customer site during the week. The travel does not include extended or long-term trips. As a software developer you will be paid a base salary and you are eligible for overtime pay.
- Within the first 30 days - Develop an understanding of the PensionGold technical platform and development tools. Verbally demonstrate this understanding to management and other Retirement Solutions employees.
- Within the first 60 days - Perform various UI development tasks using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server. Assignments will require a thorough understanding of the support developer standards, ASP.Net Web Forms, and C#.
- Within the first 60 days – Demonstrate a high-level understanding of the PensionGold database model and be able to effectively access and manipulate data using SQL.
- Within the first 90 days – Participate in customer software updates/releases and serve as primary developer on one or more projects.
- Within the first 120 days - Create, maintain, and debug business processes using an internal visual development tool. Work should be completed consistently and meet quality and time expectations.
- Within the first 180 days - Develop a high-level understanding of the PensionGold product functionality. Communicate effectively with developers, business analysts, and managers and effectively respond to customer questions and application issues.
Proven knowledge of SQL Server and relational database concepts is required, including database analysis, design, and T-SQL script and stored procedure development.
Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required as well as effective teamwork and communication skills.
You must have authorization to work in the U.S.A. for any employer without sponsorship.
Your success will be judged on your ability to provide high quality, technical support to all PensionGold applications. Excellent teamwork and effective communication skills are a must.
Self-motivation, flexibility, persistence, and attention to detail are critical to success in this position. The ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize work to maintain productivity as well as good troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Retirement Solutions group has approximately 80 employees. It is managed by the Vice President. Directors over Implementations, Product Support and Product Development along with Sales report to the Vice President, and there are Team Leads that report to the Vice President or to their Director.
You will be a member of the Product Support team and report directly to a Team Lead. You will interact with members of your team, other Retirement Solutions employees along with PensionGold customers.
You can learn more about LRS at jobs.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.