LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Systems Engineer for a contract opportunity with a client of ours in Fort Worth, TX!
The Systems Engineer works without appreciable direction and exercises considerable latitude in meeting technical objectives of assignment. The Systems Engineer works as a member of the Engineering team in support of contracted tasks throughout the product lifecycle including design, modeling, analysis, fabrication, and test activities. This Engineer will interact directly with multidiscipline professionals in the planning and implementation of assigned projects. This position will be based in Ft Worth, TX or Merrimack, NH.
- You will get to provide individual technical contribution and systems engineering leadership in the development of advanced systems for the US DoD, including providing system concept definition, system requirements development and analysis, new technology assessments, evaluation of alternative technical solutions, and hands-on system integration and test.
- You will also support engineering project teams in the pursuit of new business, including the definition of advanced design concepts to address customer needs, the preparation of engineering inputs, cost estimates and schedules for proposals.
- You will work on everything from concept development, system trade-off analysis, requirements definition and flow down, system architecture design, system integration and test…all the way down to evaluation of system performance at both the component and system level.
- Your analytical skills and your ability to plan and lead system engineering activities will be challenged on a daily basis.
- You will utilize and maintain existing analytical models, develop new models, design tests, and validate performance simulations.
- You’ll be working a lot with others including interfacing with internal and external project teams, company personnel (Engineering, Operations, Program Management, Business Development), and the customer community.
- You will perform various duties related to the day-to-day operations of the Systems Engineering Department based on area of specialty. Examples of typical assignments include:
- System and subsystem analysis and requirements specification.
- System and subsystem modeling and performance analysis using model-based Systems Engineering tools such as CAMEO
- Fabrication and debug of prototype electrical, mechanical, and/or optical hardware.
- Test and measurement using standard test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, temperature probes, vibration probes.
- Component investigations with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Organization and correlation of test data in electronic format utilizing spreadsheets, word processing and database software.
- Creation of technical documentation.
- May be technical lead on a program
- You may also conduct research and prepare reports based on findings, to include recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Hold an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Systems Engineering (preferred), Electrical Engineering, Electro-optical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or other related engineering degrees with at least 9 years of applicable/progressively complex systems engineering experience, including hardware/software integration of complex systems.
- Preferred- You will have knowledge and experience in the development of Concept(s) of Operation, requirements development and management using DOORS or CAMEO, conceptualization and analysis of complex systems architecture design, system/subsystem integration/test planning and execution, and qualification testing (MIL-STD 810/461). Experience transitioning systems from product development to production, and understanding standard analytical tools such as Matlab or MathCAD, or experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering tools, would be exciting to us, too.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to understand and follow complex, detailed instructions, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Must be able to approach technical problems in a logical and scientific manner. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, and be able to apply extensive technical knowledge to solve a wide range of complex problems.
- Computer skills, familiarity with basic shop tools and/or machine equipment, and an aptitude and understanding of basic electrical, mechanical, optical, or software engineering principles. Requires technical writing and documentation skills.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% to support projects.
- Third party candidates will not be considered
- Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the US
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.