View all jobs in this category
Our business continues to grow! If you are interested in working as a developer on small project teams and enjoy interacting with the project team and the customer, now is your chance to join our team as we grow. The LRS® Retirement Solutions Group is seeking a Software Developer in Springfield, Illinois for our Implementations Team. LRS Retirement Solutions is a group within Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS), a global information technology company.
LRS Retirement Solutions has been the leading provider of defined benefit pension administration software and services since 1987. The current version of PensionGold is a browser-based, service-oriented solution developed using Microsoft .Net 4.0 and SQL Server.
You will be part of an implementation team that implements customized solutions related to pension administration using our PensionGold software. Software Developers in this position work on small project teams to implement PensionGold software for our customers. In this position you will be involved in analysis, design, development, testing and troubleshooting. You will develop solutions using our proprietary visual development tools, Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, and other web development technologies. You will also work with other people in technical, business and management areas, including new and existing customers, to fulfill business requirements and successfully implement our software.
You may be based at our corporate headquarters in Springfield, Illinois, in most of our regional offices, or home-based for the right candidate . At each of our LRS offices, we have a casual dress environment that our employees enjoy! Outside of COVID-19 times, you can expect to travel during the work week up to 20 percent of the time during an implementation project, all within the United States. Travel for our employees is often accommodated using one of our company’s corporate jets.
Your compensation will consist of a base salary, plus you are eligible for paid overtime.
- Design: Create detailed design documentation that implements complex business and technical requirements.
- Application Development: Develop and implement quality and error-free solutions that meet specifications – user interfaces, validations, business processes, jobs, reports, etc.
- SQL Development: Create and maintain complex queries and stored procedures required for application development and data processing.
- Database Development: Design and develop efficient database objects within our application for data storage and access.
- Within the first 30 days you will learn the PensionGold system functionality. You will verbally demonstrate this understanding to your manager and other LRS Retirement Solutions employees.
- Within the first 30 days you will be able to read and utilize change request documents, problem incident reports and action items.
- Within the first 60 days you will have developed a detailed understanding of the existing business process modeler tools and the associated parameters and properties used within them.
- Within the first 90 days you will be able to create and modify business application processes using the business process modeler tools.
- Within your first 90 days you will demonstrate an in-depth understanding of our product’s technical architecture, development tools and methodologies.
- Within your first 6 months you will demonstrate value by effectively participating in application development efforts on implementation projects.
Proven knowledge of SQL Server and relational database concepts is required, including database analysis, design, and T-SQL script and stored procedure development.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA. for any employer without sponsorship.
Your success will be measured on your ability to effectively implement PensionGold software for new and existing customers after a reasonable period of training. You must acquire an in-depth understanding of PensionGold’s architecture, use of our development tools, as well as the business usage of PensionGold products as it relates to the underlying data.
If you are self-motivated, flexible, persistent, and pay attention to detail, then you have many of the critical traits needed for a person to be successful in this position. The ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize work in order to maintain productivity as well as good troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Retirement Solutions group has approximately 90 employees. It is managed by the Vice President. Directors over Implementations, Product Support and Product Development along with Sales report to the Vice President, and there are Team Leads that report to the Directors or to their Manager.
You will be a member of the Implementations team and report directly to a manager. You will interact with members of your team, other LRS Retirement Solutions employees along with customers.
For additional information about LRS, please visit jobs.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
Colorado salary posting: Up to $90,000