Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Network Architect for a 6-month contract opportunity with possibility of extension and the possibility to transition to a permanent position with the right person. Our client in is located in Brentwood, TN.
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Network Architect is responsible for high-level network planning, design, implementation and optimization while administering and developing network systems and solutions. This Sr. Architect will be handling data center-based projects which includes core routing/switching in an ACI environment.The points below highlight the Network Architect primary duties:
- Provides high-level technical leadership in network-based services, implementations, disaster recovery, IT simplification, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, security, products, and support
- Migrate ASA platforms into Firepower appliances
- Recommends architectural and operational policy and procedures, coordinates with Information Security on policy creation and enforcement, documents support related issues and tasks performed by local staff to create operating procedures and to automate functions as possible
- Identifies opportunities to improve existing IT infrastructure and IT Service availability
- Plans small and large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
- Implements, troubleshoots, and supports routers, switches, firewalls, access points, load balancers, WAN accelerators, IDS/IPS, VoIP, and VPN devices
- Applies analysis and evaluation to solve complex technical problems while adhering to industry best practices
- Assists Application Support teams with application issues when necessary
- Participates in special project work with other business groups (requires light to moderate travel)
- Provides support after normal business hours and responds to emergency work requests in critical situations when needed
- Documents support related issues and common tasks performed by local staff and create step by step procedures
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Occasional troubleshooting support to engineers when needed.
- Manage boxes, build VPNs and box buildout will occasionally be performed
Education and Experience:
o Minimum of 10 years in network design, implementation, and support of large Enterprise networks
o Cisco professional-level certification preferred (CCNP, CCSP, CCVP, CCDP)
o Experience with routing protocols to include BGP, OSPF, and static
o Knowledge of WAN services including MPLS, DIA, LTE using traditional routing and SDWAN.
o Experience with security appliances for Internet/DMZ access and VPN implementations.
o Knowledge of the OSI Layered-model, QoS for LANs and WANs
o Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Visio, Excel, and Outlook
o Knowledge of third-party logistics, transportation systems, and/or warehouse management systems preferred
o Experience working in ACI environment is preferred
o Knowledge of Load balancers (FI, GTM, LTM)
o Knowledge of Firewalls (ASA and/or firepower)
o Ability to perform basic Network Architect task that include: BGP, ACL, OSPF, Policy routing and QOS
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
o Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
o Ability to communicate effectively
o Ability to scope, execute and deliver projects in a timely and cost effective manner
o Ability to stay current with technology and evaluate and identity cost-effective technical solutions
o Ability to handle multiple projects
Colorado salary range - $20/hr to $125/hr
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.