View all jobs in this category
Our business is growing again! We are in need of experienced Business Systems Analysts who are capable of quickly understanding an organization's business and their processes, then translating those processes into technical designs for software developers. We are looking for Business Systems Analysts who want to join our Implementations team in our LRS Retirement Solutions group. We're Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS), a global information technology company known for valuing our talented employees.
LRS Retirement Solutions develops and implements pension administration software for retirement systems in the defined-benefits retirement market segment. Our Business Systems Analysts have a vital role in understanding each customer's unique business processes and how those processes drive the configuration and customization of our PensionGold software. A typical Implementations project team consists of 5-6 key resources and is supplemented by other resources to meet the needs of the customer.
The Business Systems Analysts within LRS Retirement Solutions are a key resource for our Implementations team and participate in the following project activities:
- Understand the customer's defined benefit plan rules, practices and processes and be able to apply that knowledge when preparing technical designs for customizing our product.
- Interview/question customers to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements.
- Analyze the requirements to determine how they can be provided by the product or the product can be customized to meet the requirements.
- Create detailed design documents identifying the customization required to the product.
- Develop, modify and test complex business processes using our business process modeler tools
- Perform debugging and unit testing of business processes in our software.
- Collaborate with project team members to ensure solution addresses business requirements.
- Resolve problem incident reports during testing by analyzing the reported problem, determining the appropriate corrective action, and making the necessary changes to the design documents.
- In-depth training will be provided to the successful candidate on our products and our modeling tools.
This position allows for the flexibility to work remotely as home-based employee or from any of our LRS North American locations. If you are in office, we offer a hybrid work schedule and casual dress work environment.
There is potential for required travel during the work week, 10% to 25% percent at peak times during an implementation project, all within the United States. COVID19 protocols carefully observed.
As a Business Systems Analyst you receive a base salary and you are eligible for overtime pay, which includes any travel time as part of an implementation project. There are substantial growth opportunities and career advancement for the right person joining our team in this position.
- You must have three years' experience performing analysis and design as part of an application development project or product development team.
- You must have three year's experience converting requirements into detailed design documents and/or logical steps for code development. Experience using a diagramming or flowcharting tool, like Microsoft Visio software, is preferred.
- You must have three years' experience working directly with customers in resolving complex problems and identifying solutions.
- You must have an understanding of database structures and writing moderate SQL queries.
- You must have experience using technology tools including, but not limited to Microsoft Team Foundation Server, SQL, and source code management.
- You must have prior experience with software development and/or configuration.
- You must be able to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal).
- You must have two years' experience resolving complex problems and identifying solutions.
- You must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members.
- You must have the ability to successfully work in a team environment with multiple team members and the ability to multi-task.
Familiarity with integrating COTS and custom software as part of an enterprise software solution is a plus.
If you have previous experience working with retirement systems, software development and software products, you are an ideal candidate.
A successful Business Systems Analyst will need to develop a thorough understanding of the PensionGold software products, including their functionality., and the most complex business processes. You will need to clearly identify and understand a customer's requirements and convert those requirements into detail design documents describing the configuration or customization required in our products. You should be able to demonstrate a creative logical and analytical approach to problem solving. You will need to develop a good working relationship with internal resources (i.e. your supervisor, project managers, retirement systems specialists and developers) and external customer resources.
The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills. You must be able to acquire a detailed understanding of pension administration processes that drive business decisions and required customizations to our software product. You must be able to engage in process-related discussion with the customer, team leader, developers, and Business Systems Analysts in a clear, understandable, and precise manner. The ability to explain difficult or complex concepts and/or information to people ranging from end-users to technical developers is very important.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Retirement Solutions group is one of several groups within LRS. It is managed by the Vice President. Managers over Implementations, Product Development, and Product Support along with Sales report directly to the Vice President. You will be a member of the Implementations team and will report to a manager. You will interact with members of your team and other employees, as well as customers.
For additional information about LRS, please visit jobs.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.