View all jobs in this category
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) needs your sales skills. We are a global leader in information technology solutions known for innovation, quality, integrity, and financial strength. Since our founding in 1979 we have grown and succeeded in diverse technological markets because of the talented people who have joined us.
Our headquarters is in Springfield, IL, but we do business worldwide. We have hundreds of employees working in dozens of locations around the globe, and we value the contributions of every employee. LRS people are known for being honest, self-motivated, and hard working. You can help us reinforce that reputation and be part of our success.
Have you developed a passion for sales? Are you ready to move up to a quality company and represent industry leading solutions? If you’re that kind of sales star, LRS IT Solutions wants you on our team! You’ve never considered selling cybersecurity or analytics solutions as a career? We understand—some of our current sales stars were thinking of other careers before they discovered selling IT Solutions.
In this position, you will sell industry-leading cybersecurity and analytics solutions to a defined set of clients that match the target market of our solutions. In this key role, you will assume lead sales responsibility for your accounts. Your critical thinking skills, initiative and self-motivation will be vital to your success. You will spend a significant portion of your time contacting accounts and developing relationships with key people in your customer set.
You’ll receive extensive sales training as well as cybersecurity and analytics solutions training in our office in Springfield, IL (COVID-19 protocols are carefully observed and travel expenses are covered).
- Consistently Achieve Sales Goal: Achieve profit objectives set forth in your sales plan.
- Learn and Utilize LRS’ CO-IMPACT Sales Methodology: Within your first three weeks, understand and discuss with your manager the IT Solutions top-down sales methodology.
- Develop Strong Customer Relationships: Establish and maintain at least a monthly telephone contact with your assigned accounts. Build ongoing relationships with the key decision makers in an effort to expand sales opportunities within their organizations.
- Develop New Customers: Average three calls per week with key decision makers at assigned customer sites.
- Develop Presentation Skills: Learn to present the IT Solutions Security and Analytics presentations to different levels of contacts at prospective clients with a goal to improve a customer’s security posture and use of data.
- Schedule and conduct video and face-to-face appointments with key decision makers and project groups.
- Collaborate with assigned technical pre-sales engineering personnel to understand the prospective account’s security and analytics landscape.
- Prepare and present compelling solution proposals with a value proposition that supports a strong business case.
- As necessary, gain prospect’s commitment to evaluate LRS solutions within their environment.
- Maintain current and accurate records in our CRM-based opportunity management system.
- Participate in periodic opportunity cadence update calls with LRS management and key personnel.
- You must have at least two years of proven sales experience. As part of this experience, you must have contacted prospects both in person and over the phone and you must have created account development strategies. Prior B2B experience is preferred over B2C.
- You must have experience obtaining information from potential clients that help you understand their needs and developing solutions to address those needs.
- You should have consistently met or exceeded quota in previous sales positions.
- You must live in your assigned (geo) and be willing to travel frequently within your territory. LRS has offices in several Midwest cities, but you are also able to work from a home office.
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available.
The ideal candidate will be based in our Springfield, IL corporate office with consideration given to other LRS office locations. You will travel up to 50 percent of the time within your assigned territory (outside of COVID-19 times). Compensation will consist of a base salary plus a commission plan.
The key to success in this position is to assume ownership of your accounts and territory - effectively establishing and maintaining relationships with both prospects and clients, to position LRS IT Solutions as the provider of choice for security and analytics solutions.
The ability to explain the value of our solutions clearly and accurately to clients is vital. Therefore, a good working knowledge of the solutions offered by LRS IT Solutions will be required, along with good problem-solving skills. In addition, the ability to explain technical security and analytics concepts in a way that is clearly understandable to non-technical decision-makers is essential.
Effective verbal and written communications skills are expected. The ability to listen carefully to clients and help design a solution tailored to their needs is essential. Because you will be dealing with a variety of sizes and types of clients, general business acumen, empathy, and the ability to quickly understand business challenges is important.
We need a sales representative who is focused and self-motivated yet can work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
LRS offers a complete line of infrastructure solutions to customers throughout the United States. A Vice President oversees this group, with a Managing Director reporting to the VP and a Sales Director reporting to the Managing Director. You will report directly to the Sales Director.
To learn more at jobs.lrs.com
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.