View all jobs in this category
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) is seeking an experienced Web Application Developer for our Web Solutions division. As a Web Application Developer, you will assist our team in the creation of world-class web based software for both LRS and our clients. Powered by 50 years of of innovations and leadership in the information technology industry, LRS Web Solutions has decades of experience building cutting-edge websites that help businesses achieve their goals. Web Solutions offers services such as digital marketing, app development, creative services, and custom web solutions.
You will be based in our Springfield, Illinois office, and we offer a hybrid, two day a week work from home option. Your compensation will consist of a base salary plus paid overtime.
- Application Development: Assist with the creation of web applications that are error-free, robust, useable, and meet our clients’ needs.
- Build Web sites: Assist with the creation of flawless, complex websites that are fast-loading, easy to navigate, cross-browser compatible, aesthetically pleasing, useable, and meet our clients’ needs.
- Customer Service: Provide good customer service: respond to client requests and complaints in a friendly, helpful & knowledgeable manner; maintain excellent communication with clients & team members; discuss goals; anticipate future needs and make appropriate suggestions; explore options for alternatives with client; tactfully guide client & team members to best practices.
- Work collaboratively: Work cooperatively with a team of developers, designers, salespeople, project manager, and manager by actively participating in team, project, and estimating meetings. Coordinate work with the work of others, and deliver your work on time, complete and without errors. Proactively share information in order to help the entire group work effectively, produce an excellent product, and provide superb customer service.
You must have at least two years of experience developing web based solutions with ASP.NET and SQL Server utilizing VB.NET or C#. Experience with either Web Forms or MVC projects is acceptable.
Candidates need to have effective object oriented programming skills, and have developed at least one application from the ground up using an OOP approach. If you are a full stack developer with HTML and CSS skills you will be a stronger candidate.
You must be self-motivated yet able to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available.
You will be required to work with our customers through a Project Manager and the rest of the design team. The ability to carefully listen, identify their goals and work toward achieving those goals will be critical to your success. Because you will be dealing with a variety of sizes and types of project, general business acumen, empathy, and the ability to quickly understand business challenges is important.
The keys to your success in this position include:
- Ability to quickly learn about LRS Web Solutions’ processes, services, and products
- You will be expected to quickly become proficient with using our Content Management System, LRS Antilles. It will be critical for you to learn the process for creating themes, modules and customizing current code in the product.
- Willingness and ability to work within a team of creative and technical individuals to produce outstanding solutions for our customers.
- Creativity, flexibility, patience and attention to detail to deliver excellence on every project.
- Ability to provide exceptional work on time and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize is crucial
- Desire to keep current on web development trends in order to anticipate and meet client needs and requests
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Web Solutions Group is based in Springfield, Illinois but serves clients nationwide. You will work with project teams to build and maintain websites. You will report to the Manager of Development, Sales and Hosting.
You can learn more about Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. by visiting jobs.lrs.com
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.