Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Network Architect for a 6-month contract to hire opportunity with our client in Central Illinois! LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We have built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we are very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you! The Network Architect leads the design and implementation of Enterprise solutions focused in the areas of wireless, firewall, network and data center technologies. Creates the governing principles around network architecture across the organization. This individual is also responsible for defining the network architectural standard processes and procedures.
1. Monitor the performance, availability, and maintainability of all Cisco network infrastructure, hardware and related software applications.
2. Develop and implement various Enterprise level solutions.
3. Perform advanced troubleshooting and resolution of Severity 1 and Severity 2 problems
4. Responsible for integration of all Cisco equipment and applications to ensure smooth and seamless flow of information and data across the entire enterprise network.
5. Coordinates with other project team members as systems projects are in process including applications, technical and vendor staff to ensure constant communication and successful outcomes.
6. Leads and collaborates with Network team members developing standard practices and procedures to ensure the highest network availability possible for our users. Identifies industry best practices and incorporates them into the standards.
7. Performs on-going assessment and analysis of cost and benefits of existing network infrastructure and identify and recommend implementation of creative solutions to ensure underlying architecture of all networks results in maximum performance and functionality for user community.
8. Support on-going analysis of performance, availability, and maintainability of the enterprise network to ensure superior results. Trouble-shoot, identify and implement corrective measures as appropriate to ensure issues are resolved before system operation is threatened or critical problems arise.
9. Develop and maintain accurate model and documentation of current network architecture. Update as required on a timely basis.
10. Perform technical reviews of new technologies and upgrades to assist in planning and timing of implementation to ensure improvements are achieved and planned benefits are realized as anticipated with minimal impact and interruption to user community.
11. Work proactively with system users to identify opportunities for increased functionality to improve staff efficiency and effectiveness. Implement improvements as necessary.
12. Develop, maintain and minimize downtime across all systems to ensure user satisfaction is maintained and operations are not interrupted.
13. Proactively ensure enterprise network infrastructure is maintained as appropriate to ensure maximum performance and efficiency.
14. Acts as a technical resource to network staff and provides training in all aspects of network development and life cycle management.
Must have the following experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the Principle Duties & Responsibilities of the job. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or technology related field preferred
• Must have 10+ years experience in developing enterprise and/or data architectures. Mentoring teams of up to ten resources, project planning, implementation, technical documentation, training, technical support and troubleshooting in Enterprise environment.
• CCIE Route/Switch required (passed the written exam is acceptable)
• Experience and expertise in the areas of Enterprise Routing and Switching, Data Center switching, Wireless, Firewall and Security.
• Expert knowledge of current Cisco LAN switching, Cisco Wireless, Cisco Security technologies, and Cisco Data Center.
• Understanding of all facets of enterprise network.
• Enterprise network integration experience required; including assessment, installation, project management, and documentation expertise necessary.
• Ability to assess, develop and implement creative solutions to ensure appropriate cost of ownership of existing systems.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, planning skills, problem-solving skills, and change management skills.
• Must possess strong skills in personal diplomacy and customer service and consistently demonstrate a high level of motivation, commitment to teamwork, professionalism and trustworthiness.
• Must possess sound decision-making ability, operate well under pressure and be tenacious in resolving difficult problems.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels of the organization including medical staff and senior management.
• Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
• Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
• Corp to corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.