Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) is seeking an experienced Web Developer for our Web Solutions division. As a Web Developer, you will assist our team in the creation of world-class web sites and software for both LRS and our clients.
LRS Web Solutions has established itself as the premier Web development group in Central Illinois, helping businesses utilize the World Wide Web since 1996 by providing website planning and development, professional graphic design, custom programming, dedicated host facilities, and website maintenance. The team of experienced web developers and graphic designers work together to understand their client’s needs and business processes, which is a vital part of integrating a web presence into a client’s business strategy.
You will be based in our Springfield, Illinois office. Your compensation will consist of a base salary plus paid overtime.
- Build Web sites: Assist with the creation of flawless, complex websites that are fast-loading, easy to navigate, cross-browser compatible, aesthetically pleasing, useable, and meet our clients’ needs. Create sites that are responsive and are usable on any device and follow accessibility guidelines so all users can interact with the site.
- Customer Service: Provide good customer service: respond to client requests and complaints in a friendly, helpful & knowledgeable manner; maintain excellent communication with clients & team members; discuss goals; anticipate future needs and make appropriate suggestions; explore options for alternatives with client; tactfully guide client & team members to best practices.
- Work collaboratively: Work cooperatively with a team of developers, designers, salespeople, project manager, and manager by actively participating in team, project, and estimating meetings. Coordinate work with the work of others, and deliver your work on time, complete and without errors. Proactively share information in order to help the entire group work effectively, produce an excellent product, and provide superb customer service.
You must have at least two years of experience building website templates for a Content Management System. You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of current accessibility practices including familiarity with WCAG 2.1 guidelines. Experience building responsive website templates is required. Previous experience working with Microsoft technologies is a plus. If you are a full stack developer with application development skills you will be a stronger candidate.
You must be self-motivated yet able to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available.
You will be required to work with our customers through a Project Manager. The ability to carefully listen, identify their goals and work toward achieving those goals will be critical to your success. Because you will be dealing with a variety of sizes and types of project, general business acumen, empathy, and the ability to quickly understand business challenges is important.
The keys to your success in this position include:
- Ability to quickly learn about LRS Web Solutions’ processes, services, and products
- You will be expected to quickly become proficient with using our Content Management System, LRS Antilles. It will be critical for you to learn the process for creating themes, modules and customizing current code in the product.
- Willingness and ability to work within a team of creative and technical individuals to produce outstanding solutions for our customers.
- Creativity, flexibility, patience and attention to detail to deliver excellence on every project.
- Ability to provide exceptional work on time and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize is crucial
- Desire to keep current on web development trends in order to anticipate and meet client needs and requests
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Web Solutions Group is based in Springfield, Illinois but serves clients nationwide. You will work with project teams to build and maintain websites. You will report to the Manager of Development, Sales and Hosting.
You can learn more about Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. by visiting jobs.lrs.com
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.