Our client is in need of a System/Appian Administrator. This is a 100% Remote, 6 month contract-permanent opportunity. This position requires an Active Secret Clearance, and the ability to successfully pass a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). If you’re that person, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Day to Day responsibilities include:
Appian Platform Administrator independently evaluates, selects, adapts, and modifies standard techniques and criteria in order to plan and conduct engineering assignment. Independently plans, schedules, and conducts or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria. Analyzes complex features of the work and applies principles and practices of the discipline or devises new approaches in problem solutions. Thoroughly reviews all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented.
- Maintenance and sustainment of an Appian application server systems operating in AWS GovCloud in support of the broader DevSecOps Pipeline effort and CI/CD efforts.
- Responsible for meeting Program Increment (~12week) deadlines to create and enhance the Appian Platform.
- Responsible to maintain compatibility / interoperability of the Appian system with adjacent SCCA, pipeline tools, cloud services, and mission systems.
- Responsible, in conjunction with cybersecurity, for creation and sustainment of continuous authorization playbooks/guides/wikis needed to ensure users of the Appian Platform are kept within guardrails to reduce risk to their system.
- Responsible for creation and sustainment of internal guides/wikis needed to operate, maintain, modify, and defend the Appian Platform.
- Knowledge/Experience using Appian Logging and Monitoring, Appian Health Check reports, Load Balancer, Web Server, Application Server, Search Server, Engine and Services Server.
- Execute all efforts in a collaborative and Scaled Agile fashion while adhering to government mandated fixed due dates.
- Work with Agile teams (developers, testers, operators and other production IT staff to oversee code releases and deployments of capability. Work with Agile teams (developers, testers, operators and other production IT staff to oversee releases and deployments.
- Foster agile relationship between software development and IT operations, establish and refine Continuous Integration (CI) and automation (key processes, release schedules, and infrastructure designs) so that organization can create and release regular updates to products quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Attend and Participate in Periodic Large Scale Agile Planning events.
- Support standard Agile ritual meetings (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives) as necessary and assist Scrum teams in execution of Sprints.
-Experience with multiple Operating Systems
-6-8 years IT experience in software development and administration.
-Prior experience with the Appian application, or a demonstrated ability to quickly acquire and become proficient in a new application.
-Experience with a range of automation and configuration management tools to maintain the Appian system including but not limited to Ansible, SCCM, Jenkins, puppet, and others
-The candidate must qualify under DOD 8570.01 as an IAT II by being certified in at least one of the following: CCNA Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP
-The candidate must possess an active Secret clearance and be able to successfully pass a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
-Candidate must be fully vaccinated prior to starting the role per the contract with the government
-Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
-Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
-Corp to corp candidates will not be considered
To apply go to jobs.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.