LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Senior SQL Server DBA for a contract-to-hire opportunity with our downtown Chicago health care client!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Senior SQL Server DBA will:
- Recommend and implement database organization strategies to minimize downtime and improve performance
- Build database systems of high availability and quality
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Apply/migrate changes to development, test and production environments such as data changes, patches, technical/functional configuration changes, reports, interfaces, customization, and extensions
- Support resolution of database and application performance issues
- Recommend & implement optimizations resolve slow running queries and optimize database performance (incl., SQL Tuning, Index Tuning and Memory Tuning)
- Design, develop and manage backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Participate in change control meetings
- Participate in capacity planning
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of SQL Server DBA experience
- Strong experience with SQL Server Cluster Architecture in a VMWare environment
- Strong experience in optimizing SQL Server Databases in high availability environments
- Strong experience troubleshooting and tuning SQL queries and performance optimizations in complex, sizeable SQL Server databases environments
- Must be a hands-on, technically adept DBA, capable of performing required DB tasks
- Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.