Time to get to work! We’re an experienced Cloud Support Engineer for a client in Atlanta, GA. This is a contract to hire for the right person. If you’re that person and if you have the Cloud Support Engineering expertise that we need, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts, combined with your technical expertise, equals career possibilities for you. So let’s get to work!
The Cloud Support Engineer will operate production environment by releasing new product releases, applying patches, monitoring cloud system performance, and resolving and/or escalating tickets from the production queue. They would follow documented runbooks to provide operational support to assure reliability, scalability, and security of our cloud platform diverse work environment. We question the status quo and so should you. You are accountable and focused.
What You’ll be Doing
• Monitor service desk queue for Cloud Operations and resolve incoming issues
• Follow standard operating procedures performing day-to-day maintenance and deployments of release to our cloud platform
•Conduct 2nd level problem determination using documented procedures and available tools.
• Monitors Windows and Linux based systems in production using established procedures and reports problems.
• On-call Server Alert & Queue Coverage with documented escalation path. • Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve incidents.
• Utilizes incident management ticketing systems to report and document issues.
• Performs notification and escalation for major issues and critical events.
• Completes shift check lists and status reports as required.
• Performs system processing utilizing established tools and procedures.
• Identify and automate manual steps of operations.
•Train other support engineers on the team.
• Identify and enhance monitoring of the systems.
• Setup/update of infrastructure networks.
• Planning and executing database/application/data migrations
Must have the following experience:
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• 3+ years of Client Support, L1/L2 production support or Data Center / Network Operations experience
• The ability and desire to troubleshoot •
Proficiency of Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
•Experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgress).
• Experience with monitoring tools (DataDog, Splunk, AppDynamics, etc)
• Familiarity with AWS tools is a huge plus
• Experience working with ticketing systems (ServiceDesk or others). • Focus on continuous operations improvement
• Networking experience
• Scripting experience is a big plus
• Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
• Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
• Corp to corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.