Added Jan 10, 2022 Remote- Data Engineer (23170) Schaumburg, IL | Contract Apply
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to
our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our
clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard
every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates
who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Remote- Data Engineer for a contract-to-hire
opportunity with our client in Schaumburg, IL
- Design, develop and enhance the organizations portfolio of internal and external reports and self-service dashboards. (50%)
- Document requirements and develop storyboards for data visualizations, reports, and data exports.
- Document and oversee standards for data visualizations, reports, and dashboards including graphical elements and representation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Coordinate the definition, creation, and implementation of executive and operational dashboards across the organization.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and create reports and/or data visualizations to support key business decisions and programs.
- Develop complex reports using standard business intelligence tools and technologies.
- Work with internal customers to define business requirements involving customizations to the organization’s Customer Relationship Management system. As appropriate, develop, test, and deploy customizations to the system using vendor-supplied tools (i.e. Personify Studio, Data Analyzer, and Business Objects).
- Coordinate training for staff on data-based decision making and SOA’s Business Intelligence platforms.
- Perform data analysis, data updates, data transformations, and data mining across multiple platforms, including the organization’s central database, web analytics, third party services, and market research. (30%)
- Complete supporting data tasks such as data updates, data exports, data conversion scripts and perform data analysis on the organization’s central database and related systems.
- Identity business opportunities based upon data analysis, and present findings to relevant business owners
- Gather, store, transform, and process raw data from external sources via writing scripts, calling API’s, writing queries, and other methods.
- Investigate positive and negative business anomalies/trends by analyzing relevant data sources and present findings to business owners
- Perform quality assurance testing of analytics, reports and dashboards produced.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve data quality and collection methods
- Work with new and evolving data structures from a variety of third-party systems on a regular basis and incorporate/correlate such data into existing organizational structures.
- Technical administration and support for the organizations Business Intelligence data infrastructure. (10%)
- Establish and maintain the organization’s data warehouse and data mart(s) for the purpose of identifying and monitoring trends for the association, improving business intelligence, and monitoring performance objectives
- Monitor the organization’s data warehouse and business intelligence systems for performance and integrity and provide corrective and preventative maintenance as required.
- Data Governance (5%)
- In conjunction with the Data Governance Steering Committee and legal team, maintain, manage, and coordinate the enforcement of the organization’s data governance policies and procedures
- Working with legal counsel, ensure the organization meets compliance with all relevant data privacy and protection regulations.
- Maintain the organization’s data inventory across all platforms.
- Audit and maintain the organizations data governance platform. (OneTrust)
- Performs general planning and administrative tasks including but not limited to:(5%)
- Work with third-party vendors to obtain quotes for platforms and services
- Provide management with regular updates on projects and duties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered)
- A Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, information systems, or a related area
- Minimum of 5 years of overall experience performing data analysis including 2 years of big data experience involving setup and configuration of a data warehouse, data mart, or unstructured data environment
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Development experience in any standard scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience creating data transformations via ETL packages (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Azure or AWS Cloud experience or familiarity
- Proficient with personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience performing data analysis on relational and non-relational data sets
- Experience in Association Management Systems a plus (Personify AMS)
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive
consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion,
creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship
status or protected veteran status