View all jobs in this category
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) department is seeking an internal Systems Engineer within the virtualization and data center infrastructure group. In this position you will focus your efforts on administering and supporting the LRS virtual server infrastructure both in the LRS data center and at remote office locations. You will have the opportunity to work with many highly skilled technically capable people on a wide range of advanced systems and technologies used throughout the company.
- Provide advanced support for the LRS infrastructure: Within the first several months you must develop a detailed understanding of the LRS infrastructure and be able to demonstrate your understanding by being able to perform advanced administration and support tasks.
- Perform server deployment and management: Within the first year you must be able to deploy and manage servers, server applications, storage, and network resources using the tools and technologies currently in use at LRS.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies: Within the first year you must be able to participate in evaluating, recommending, and purchasing new technologies.
- Design and implement new virtualization technologies: Within the second year you must be able to play an intricate role in designing and implementing the infrastructure required to support and improve our virtualized environment.
This position is based in the Springfield, IL HQ office supporting infrastructure located in the corporate data center and other LRS locations with the possibility of occasional but infrequent travel to other U.S. offices. This is a full-time salaried position with paid overtime.
You must meet the following requirements:
- You must have two or more years of experience using advanced VMware and Microsoft virtual infrastructure technologies preferably with VMware (vSAN, ESXi, vCenter), hyperconverged HPE (Hewlett Packard Enterprise) clustered servers or comparable products.
- You must have two or more years of experience with many Microsoft Windows server infrastructure technologies.
- Your resume must list specific areas of expertise including a list of all job training received, advanced technical training completed, certifications awarded, or degrees earned in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or technically related STEM fields.
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorship is available.
A successful candidate for this position will have:
- Advanced knowledge of VMware products such as vCenter, vSAN, and ESXi. Experience with vSphere Replication, SRM, NSX-T and Veeam Backup solutions is a plus.
- Several years of experience and a detailed understanding of what it takes to administer and support a Microsoft, VMware, Veeam, HP, and Cisco data center infrastructure for a mid to large sized organization or hosting provider.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, AD (Active Directory) Federation Services, Hyper-V, Web Proxy, Application Request Routing (ARR), Network Policy Server (NPS), File and Storage services, IIS, DNS, DHCP or other Microsoft server applications such as, System Center\Endpoint Configuration Manager, Exchange, SQL, or SharePoint.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure identity, security, and infrastructure technologies such as Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, Azure Application Proxy, Azure Single Sign On (SSO) solutions, Privileged Identity management, multi-factor authentication, conditional access policies, Office 365 Security and Compliance services, Azure DNS, and Microsoft Defender is a plus.
- An understanding of server and network infrastructure best practices.
Organization Structure and location:
LRS more than 900 employees with remote office locations throughout the world. The Information Technology department at Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. includes 17 employees based in the LRS Springfield office. As a Systems Engineer you will be a member of the virtualization and data center infrastructure team reporting to the Virtual Infrastructure Architect under the Director of IT. You will work primarily with others in the IT department but also with engineers and architects from other LRS departments to ensure IT provides the infrastructure necessary to support the complex and diverse needs of each business division and customers.
To apply, please submit your resume to LRS® Career Portal.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.