Sign on bonus of up to $2,500 based on experience.
Diversified Yacht Services, Inc. is in need of a Marine Technician to join our team to troubleshoot and repair vessels of various sizes for our customers at the newest, most advanced, state-of-the-art Marine Service facility in todays yachting world.
As one of our Marine Technicians, you will be responsible for performing quality maintenance, service and installations on all marine equipment, including small auxiliary engines (sailboats & generators) as well as main propulsion engines on larger yachts and all on-board related systems.
Strong technical skills will be necessary to investigate, troubleshoot and diagnose all aspects of marine/yacht systems including, but not limited to: running gear/cutlass bearings; engine alignment; steering systems; hydraulic/plumbing systems; shaft seals service/installations; general maintenance of yachts; bottom painting and coatings application as well as bilge cleaning; repowering and rigging; annual services, oil changes/impellers/heat exchangers.
You must be computer literate with reports and discoveries diagnostics, and also possess all necessary tools to perform the repairs and diagnostics. Some overtime, weekends and holiday work may be required.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- 1-5+ years of job related marine repair facility or mobile marine repair experience and have advanced knowledge of marine engine troubleshooting, gas/diesel/outboard service and repair with little supervision
- Experience with Marine electrical and engine computer analysis
- Electrical experience with the ability to use various testing equipment for AC/DC circuits
Factory/technical training with certifications by one or more marine engine manufacturers is preferred.
Mercury Marine Products, Suzuki, ABYC and NMEA certifications are preferred as we are a Multi-line Dealer.
The candidate must be able to safely operate various size and styles of vessels and be familiar with safe navigation of SWFL waterways to be able to move customers vessels and to perform systems checks as needed. Overall knowledge of mechanics for various types of vessels is a must for this position.
We need a self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised, a professional appearance, and the ability to follow directions in a professional manner. Team player attitude is necessary, along with effective verbal communication skills to work effectively with fellow employees, parts department, management, and occasionally communicating with the customer. Effective written communication skills are also needed to report results of investigations and discoveries and make recommendations to successfully complete repairs.
DYS requires a valid drivers license with a clean driving record. An unsatisfactory driving record would contain infractions worse than minor traffic violations.
To perform the daily work of a Yacht Marine Mechanic, you must meet certain physical requirements:
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Perform prolonged standing
- Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical axis
- Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis
- Lift/push/pull a battery weighing 59 pounds without assistance on a regular basis
- Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders and ramps) to access vessels and vessel equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 12 feet, while working from a ladder, scaffolding and/or lifts to access vessels and vessel equipment
- Able to work on ladders, scaffolding, and on top of the vessels while hauled out
- Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment
- Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles
- Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment
- Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (closed toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety lines, floatation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards
- Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions including heat, humidity and sun
- Able to work in an environment where you are occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- Ability to enter small spaces, openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time
- Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands
- Able to utilize adequate visual skills
- Able to work with in an environment where the noise level is usually loud
- Ability to fully extend the arm or arms while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down with tools and/or equipment
- Ability to perceive attributes of an object/materials such as size, shape, temperature and texture
- Observe all safety signs, notices and understand safety procedures, and attend safety meetings
- Close-Toe shoes are required in the entire service facility when walking outside the administration offices, as well as safety glasses and PPE
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this classification. Diversified Yacht Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.