View all jobs in this category
Time to get to work! LRS Consulting Services is seeking an experienced Help Desk Engineer for our client in Central Illinois. This is a 6 month contract to hire or for the right person. If youre that person and if you have the Help Desk Engineering expertise that we need, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts, combined with your technical expertise, equals career possibilities for you. So lets get to work!
The ultimate goal is to provide quality customer service to enhance the quality of patient care. Under general supervision, the Customer Support Specialist II will provide day-to-day customer service and support for all customers and clients, 24x7x365, including but not limited to answering incoming calls, troubleshooting issues related to software, hardware, network, account access, and documenting of all courses of action taken to resolve or escalate the issues within the ticket tracking system. Assist with project work, testing of equipment, and research and provide resolutions for 1st level support issues. Works closely with other IS Support team members and technical personnel to determine exact nature of issues and resolutions and communication of outages when appropriate.
- Manage critical or emergency incidents & requests; assess situations, and develop actions plan to resolve issues or fulfill requests in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to a growing population of 3500+ staff across 50+ locations.
- Assists in the ownership of the client relationship from a service standpoint, and owns all incidents from open to resolution. They will be the point person for the client and ensure all communication is adhered to, and responsible for all updates.
- Help establish and build first-call-resolution rates by using strong desktop and technical support knowledge to address issues as they occur.
- Ensures that organization SLAs are met within their expected timeframes.
- Provide guidance to and mentor team members.
- Effectively communicate with team, management, and client (where appropriate), any pertinent information relevant to the task-at-hand.
- Work collaboratively with Technical Services Team to influence an organization-wide incident management process.
- Perform proactive follow up on all incident & request fulfillment.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedules to provide technical and emergency situation guidance, so that our clients can depend on us 24/7 to meet their business needs.
- Understand and manage timely incident resolution to avoid impact for the various departments in Springfield Clinic.
- Document and contribute to a known issues knowledge base for the entire IT support team.
- Assist in the preparation & communication of a daily incident/request/VIP end-of-day reporting to communicate the pulse to the IT organization.
- Bachelors degree or relevant background preferred.
- 2+ years of professional, IT support experience. (desktop and technical support)
- ITIL Certification or relevant education is desired
- Must have 1+ years of experience with the following:
- Supporting Windows 10 in a Corporate/Enterprise environment
- Desktop Support
- Supporting O365 in a Corporate/Enterprise environment
- PC, Printer and Network connection support
- Providing training or focus group style learning to end users
- PC Build/Image
- Windows 7 troubleshooting
- Windows 10 troubleshooting
- Strong candidates will have iPhone/Android support experience
- Experience working with Ticketing systems such as Avanti or ServiceNow is highly desired
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly around technical topics.
- Be task oriented and able to use time effectively
- Make efforts to improve technical skills and knowledge by taking initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against large scale organizational program initiatives.
- Strategic thinking, change management, project management, multi-tasking and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Provide first level support to customers and clients according to defined service level agreements.
- Triage, find resolutions, and/or provide possible work around for customer related issues and inquiries within the requirements of policies and procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Provide good customer service by deescalating customer frustration with technological issues in order to provide solutions and resolutions for customers.
- Accurately and succinctly identify and communicate customer issues to various IT Division teams for appropriate distribution and identification of issues.
- Document and update all customer information, details related to customer issues, steps taken to resolve or attempt to resolve and escalation to appropriate IS support teams as defined in the support documentation.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair on desktop hardware including computers, laptops, peripherals, printers, scanners, pagers, etc.
- Perform troubleshooting steps on network connectivity issues.
- Acts as liaison between Customer departments, Information Management and software vendors to resolve problems, answer questions and complete requests for service while demonstrating effective written and verbal communication
- For the Helpdesk role, resolve routine problems for issues where resolutions are expected within in a reasonable time and without a visit to the user location. Walk users through steps for identifying or resolving issues.
- Use of remote administration and other tools as necessary to provide accurate and creative solutions to problems of moderate complexity.
- Follows-up on service requests to determine the status of calls and to ensure the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Provide innovative and accurate feedback for the development and maintenance of customer and community facing support documentation.
- Analyze and resolve hardware maintenance problems and escalate issues to the appropriate vendor if necessary and configure workstations, laptops, printers, and other approved hardware to provide to customers for break/fix and warranty replacement.
- Coordinate with other IS support teams to develop both short- and long-term solutions to address customer needs, restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and installation of new computer systems.
- Maintain and update inventory records for system equipment.
- Maintain IDF cable management within patch panel closets and from data jacks to equipment. Coordinate with appropriate cabling contractors or wire techs to drop lines when needed.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask work efforts in order to provide efficient and timely resolutions for customers.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to follow complex documentation to install and setup vendor and corporate software.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work and provides written evaluation and recommendation for management review.
- Provides support to off-campus facilities
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
Colorado salary range - $20/hr to $125/hr
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.