LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Under the direction of the Manager of Application Engineering, the Systems Engineer takes a holistic approach to the onboarding and support of technology solutions to meet business requirements.
Responsibilities include participation in the evaluation of new technologies, IT architectural design, as well as heavy IT project management of the implementation and ongoing maintenance of various technology platforms. The position is responsible for performing the installation, configuration, administration, monitoring, patching, upgrading, tuning of the web / server platforms, and engineering support \ issue remediation of those technologies. These platforms are primarily hosted on and leverage (but are not limited to): Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, IIS, Apache, Application Delivery Controller (ADC) load balancing, Terminal Services, VDI, and Citrix. Additional support functions can include (but are not limited to): IT & Security platform administration as well as Epic Data Courier Administration duties.
The System Engineer is expected to work both independently and in coordinated efforts as part of the team, and should be able to provide guidance, training, and mentoring to colleagues. The position could be asked to travel to remote Health Center locations to assist with technology deployments and/or troubleshooting. On-Call after-hours responsibilities as needed for critical outages, scheduled maintenance, technology implementations, and upgrades.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluation of new technologies. Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise. May communicate with vendors and service providers to gain a clear understanding of product or service capabilities and costs.
- Performs IT architectural design of new technologies to meet business requirements. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement moderately complex technical solutions.
- Lead \ manage small to medium scope projects involving multiple teams.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, monitoring, patching, upgrading, tuning of the web / server platforms. engineering support \ issue remediation of various technology platforms.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures pertaining to deployment, security, maintenance, and disaster recovery within the supported environments.
- Establishes system performance standards and provides guidance on best practices.
- Provide guidance, training, and mentoring to colleagues.
- On-Call after-hours support as needed for critical outages, scheduled maintenance, technology implementations, and upgrades.
- Epic Data Courier Administrator Certification (desired, not required)
- Experience participating \ leading the IT architectural design process
- Minimum 1 year experience leading small to medium scope projects involving multiple teams
- Experience with 3-tier and web architectures utilizing relational database platforms; proficient in Microsoft operating systems.
- Extensive experience interacting with people at a variety of technical and management levels.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant IT experience supporting applications and web server farms in an enterprise environment using Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems for servers, SAN storage, Citrix, VM solutions, centralized application environments, data backups, load balancing technologies, anti-virus technologies, internet proxies, and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience communicating technical information both verbally (e.g. via phone, one-on-one, and in group settings) and in writing (e.g. emails, letters, reports, and presentations) to various technical and non-technical audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Minimum 1 year of experience writing scripts in one or a combination of the following: PowerShell, C#, C++ or VB.
- One or more years of experience within environments utilizing ITIL and/or COBIT frameworks.
- Practical knowledge IT architectural design process
- Project Management of medium to large scope projects
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, SQL server, firewalls / firewall rules, network architecture, and load balancing technologies.
- Knowledge of common application / server / network technology monitoring tools.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation, installation and operational qualification reports using the following applications: Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, experience in a transactional high-volume, high availability production environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously by effectively managing priorities.
- Must have strong communication skills and proficient use of English in written and verbal forms. Must also have experience in creating technical presentations and then effectively sharing that information in a group setting.
- Interpersonal skills must include a willingness to train other team members as alternates / backup for areas of responsibility and an ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical teammates.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates a strong working understanding of troubleshooting techniques and strategies including an ability to use troubleshooting tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project deliverables on multiple projects effectively.
- Possesses characteristics of self-reliance, self-motivation and possesses a can do attitude.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status. #LI-CS2