Our client is in need of a Senior Java Application Performance Engineer for a long term contract opportunity with a right-to-hire. If youre that person, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Our client is seeking a Senior Java Application Performance Engineer who will be responsible for measuring and enhancing the performance of custom Java software environments supporting their eCommerce platforms. Teams within their online ordering department work around the clock to support applications used by a wide variety of sales channels processing thousands of transactions per hour, generating nearly half of all sales revenue for this fortune 100 company! As a leader and technical expert on the team responsible for some of their most critical systems. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess strong business acumen, be proactive and possess an assertive personality.
Day to Day responsibilities include:
- Java Application Performance Analysis Analyze application resource utilization and code execution metrics to drive optimization in application architecture and/or application code level. Deep expertise in Java, Spring Boot, Containers like Docker, Kubernetes (PaaS / CaaS), AWS & EKS.
- Java Application Support Advanced Java application troubleshooting including thread and heap analysis. Understanding complex multi-application environments, which interact in a geographically dispersed load balanced and firewalled environment.
- Splunk or other log analytics tool Splunk log analysis for application troubleshooting. Must be able to develop adhoc queries on the fly to pinpoint application issues. Needs to be able to articulate search parameters and commands. (Please note: Simple usage of prewritten queries and dashboards is not sufficient. This is not Splunk administration like rolling out agents or administering Splunk.)
- AppDynamics or other APM tool Usage of AppDynamics or equivalent application performance monitoring (APM) tool, such as DynaTrace or New Relic to troubleshoot and monitor application performance and health. This would include investigation of business transactions, information points, and health rules to pinpoint application performance problems.
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics for purposes of detecting and surfacing customer specific performance bottlenecks
- Configure and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to support individual customer production and non-production environments
- Java Application / Database interaction and troubleshooting Comprehensive understanding of Application to Database interaction and troubleshooting. This would include Oracle and Mongo databases. Areas of understanding like JDBC connection utilization and troubleshooting, connection pool/query/cache optimization, ability to analyze DB reports like AWR and make recommendations.
- Linux knowledge Supporting applications running in a Linux environment. Shell scripting for automation of administration tasks. Understanding of OS setting for app performance optimization, administration of Microservices, troubleshooting logging/forwarding issues.
- Communication skills (written & verbal) Excellent communication skills. Loud, clear, and easily understood by a diverse audience. Able to convey information to leadership and technical audiences.
-Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field preferred
-Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a DevOps, system administrator or equivalent position in a large IT organization
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience supporting Java Applications
-Experience with Java, Spring Boot, Containers like Docker and Kubernetes (PaaS / CaaS)
-Working knowledge of virtual technologies such as VDI and hypervisors
-Experience with log analysis and monitoring tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics or similar
-Experience in Linux/Unix Server Administration
-Experience writing advanced scripts and batch files using Python, Unix Script, or Ruby
-Experience identifying design and implementation details within documentation / communication to understand expected behavior
-Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
-Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
To apply go to jobs.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.