Fulcrum Consulting, an LRS company is seeking a Sr. Architect for a position with our client in Atlanta, GAQualifications:
The Containerization/OpenShift Engineer will provide technical leadership for technical design, planning, implementation of Deltas Red Hat OpenShift / ROSA (Red Hat OpenShift on AWS) integration, including both infrastructure and security integrations.
OpenShift / ROSA responsibilities include evaluation of new Kubernetes, Istio, OpenShift technologies, and automation and tooling of these environments to support Developer Self-Service (DevOps) capabilities for deployment of complex, multi-tiered application environments into AWS.
The Containerization/OpenShift Engineer will provide leadership and direction for these technology areas, mentoring team members to drive organizational maturity.
The Containerization/OpenShift Engineer will also consult with development teams to ensure platform fit aligned to the business application requirements.
Additionally, understanding of APIs, micro-services development, containers and supporting platform technologies also required.
This position reports to the Director of Cloud Platforms and Solutions Engineering within the Infrastructure & Reliability organization.
- Provide technical leadership and design expertise for ROSA-AWS integration
- Define standards and patterns for efficient and consistent container deployments
- Consult with Product Development teams on efficient, pattern-based container deployments, namespace design and sizing
- Define best practices and patterns for use of Service Mesh
- Help define layout and usage patterns for OpenShift Operators
- Ensure Security-by-Design is a foundational component of every deployed workload
- Contribute to creation, management and upkeep of Intranet FAQs, User guides and Knowledgebase, standards and build documents for ROSA-AWS integration and platform deployment patterns
- Provide leadership in identifying new concepts, ideas, techniques, and technology assistance (best practices, guidelines and design patterns for supported technologies)
- Perform cost benefit analysis to determine best system architectures
- Aid development of ROSA Platform Usage Statistics and Reporting dashboards for account owners - Mentor engineering and development staff on public cloud integration design and hygiene, driving quality, consistency, resiliency, security and supportability into designs
- Design and maintain standard templates, reference architectures, and design patterns that aid other Platform/Cloud Engineers in development of standards-based designs
- 4+ years of experience in design and implementation of large enterprise Containerization environments
- 3+ years of hands-on experience consulting & designing optimized, secure and cost effective container deployments
- Kubernetes and/or RH OpenShift Certifications preferred
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes, Cloud Container services, or Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience designing and building container platform automation
- Solid working knowledge of K8/OpenShift networking and public cloud network integrations
- Experience implementing and leveraging the logging and monitoring solutions, such as Grafana and/or Prometheus
- Experience in cloud native architectures and micro-services design
- Understanding of the shared responsibility model in AWS
- Proven record of accomplishments in major enterprise level projects
- Experience in design of complex distributed systems environments - Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Ability to clearly communicate and present to various levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Independent and self-motivated and very thorough worker
Fulcrum Consulting, an LRS Company, is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.