Fulcrum Consulting, an LRS company is seeking a Dr. Database Administrator for a position with our client in Eagan, MNLRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Dr. Database Administrator for a contract opportunity with a client of ours!
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience performing in-place upgrades of on-premise Oracle databases to 19c
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience setting up Oracle Physical DataGuard replication across geographically distributed sites
- Familiarity with Oracle AUTOUPGRADE PERL tool for upgrading from 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 databases to 19c
- Working knowledge of conversion from non-container to container databases
- Experience with using DataGuard Broker to perform database role transitions where 3 or more physical databases are in the configuration
The Database Administrator is responsible for data analysis and database management. Database Administrators typically are involved in maintenance, enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, and performance tuning. Database Administrators are also responsible for understanding, configuring, and managing database administration tools.
- Provides database support for business applications and schedules back up jobs for user databases.
- Provides access control (password resets /account creation/deletion) and checks IP compliance (violation report review, compliance updates and compliance set ups).
- Performs data purging and data replication activities.
- Researches on connectivity issues and recurring errors in Application database.
- Responds to database alerts and takes appropriate actions.
- Provides escalation Level 1 and 2 Technical 24x7 support.
- Performs database creations.
- Performs performance tuning and troubleshooting for database.
- Performs application database maintenance and provides technical assistance to users.
- Manages database account access and database object changes.
- Ensures that monitoring and alerts are properly in place to meet monitoring requirements.
- Performs application database and OS scripting.
- Reviews Information Protection compliance reports and notifications for individual databases and internal processes (including compliance updates and compliance set ups).
- Performs data purging and data replication activities
- Performs database recovery from logs, hot & cold backups, Export/Imports and Disaster Recovery.
- Performs database creation decommissioning and database updates/migrations to a higher/lower version or cross platform migrations. Also involved in database, schema, and object refresh activities.
- Monitors and reports existing database Instance, Database, Server activities for CPU, Memory, and Cache, logs performance, and recommends effective resource utilization/emergency recovery procedures Provides Escalation Level 2 Technical 24x7 support.
- Performs Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery activities during Business Continuity Plan events.
- Plans, schedules, and implements operating system software installs and patches (including 3rd party tools) using change management and release management processes.
- Implements database security and auditing features and periodic reviews.
- Conducts root cause analysis for repeated incidents.
- Performs heterogeneous database interface deployment and support for various data interfaces with applications, Middleware interface and functionality deployment with database architecture.
- Plans and develops processes for database updates and migrations to a higher/lower version or cross platform migrations.
- Also, involved in database, schema and object refresh activities.
- Develops capacity planning processes that include monitoring of existing database Instance, Database, Server activities for CPU, Memory, Cache, Logs performance and recommends effective utilization of resources and emergency recovery procedures.
- Conducts team training and responsible for resource management.
- Provides escalation Level 2 and 3 Technical 24x7 support.
- Provides Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Recovery support.
- Researches new technologies to address operations reliability and compliance.
- Implement's and performs configuration management of database cluster and replications.
Fulcrum Consulting, an LRS Company, is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.