LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking an experienced Level II/III Service Desk Specialist for a contract to hire opportunity with our client in Central, IL!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Level II/III Service Desk Specialist will:
- Acts as first responder to provide technical assistance and support for all reported Information Technology issues.
- Log all calls and activities accurately into the Service Desk application, including updates and status changes while abiding by ITIL Incident Management outlined framework.
- Maintains detailed documentation of incidents and troubleshooting steps, as well as ensuring accuracy of asset management database.
- Triage problem by performing analytical analysis to troubleshoot, escalate, or resolve reported issues.
- Proactively recognize symptoms of systems outages and trends through reported issues and communicates throughout the organization.
- Maintains composure in high stress situations while de-escalating excited or frustrated customers.
- Provides second level onsite set up and support to end users for laptops, desktops, label printers, peripherals, and any other hardware or software
- Acquires Dell Self Maintainer certification allowing staff to perform warranty repairs on hard drives, system boards, processors in Dell equipment.
- Understands network infrastructure and able to use network analytical tools such as Cisco Prime, ISE Management console, and Fluke meters for troubleshooting.
- Uses Active Directory and Active Roles network account issues and computer access issues.
- Trains Work-From-Home users on configuration and set up and provides support using Cisco Meraki Dashboard.
- Assists in set up and supports Imprivata two factor authentication for employees to utilize occasional access from outside the network.
- Provisions and configures all company computing devices utilizing SCCM, Dell Management Console, and HPDM ensuring they meet Carle standards
- Understands and enforces security and compliance policies ensuring that PHI and PII is protected.
- Consults with assigned departments and understands their departmental workflows to advise on sound technological solutions.
- Gathers business requirements and use case information for consideration to IT Assessment Team for new applications and technology.
- Collaborates with Project Management and Facilities teams to ensure a successful move for departments to new locations.
- Must specialize in a job related subject matter approved by leadership.
- Create and maintain departmental documentation for cross training team members.
- Responsible for training and assists leadership with on-boarding new employees.
- Mentors team members and is the trusted technical advisor.
- Checks out assigned inventory from the storeroom and maintains the accuracy of the logs.
- Issues and returns loaners ensuring all procedures are followed for auditing purposes.
- Works on special projects assigned by leadership with the ability to work independently to complete the task.
- Works closely with leadership to ensure fellow team members are meeting departmental/organizational expectations and goals.
- Acts on leaderships behalf during times of unavailability.
- Supports C-level leadership.
The Service Desk Analyst III is responsible for providing technical assistance / support for desktops, laptops, virtual desktops, network connectivity, business applications, clinical applications VOIP telephone systems and any other peripherals from customer phone calls, email, walk-ins, and customer service portal. Responsible for providing on-site support for all facets listed and are expected to diagnose, research and isolate the problem, as well as maintaining a business relationship with internal customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear and professional manner both verbally and in writing to ensure understanding by the customer. Understands business workflows in assigned areas and consults with customers on Service Requests. Makes sound technical decisions that meets both enterprise and customer expectations for implementation of solutions. Responsible for the deployment/installation of new computer desktop equipment, upgrading and rebuilding of existing equipment, movement of equipment as assigned, and accurately updating inventory database for asset management. Facilitates large scale moves and deployments to ensure a seamless transition to new location. Escalates issues to support specialists after exhausting all other resources. Required to organize and prioritize a queue of second level issues or Service Requests to ensure that service level agreements are met and patient care is minimally impacted. Specializes in at least one area of expertise and is the subject matter expert. Creates and maintains departmental documentation for cross training team members. Responsible for training and assists leadership with on-boarding new employees. Works on special projects assigned by leadership with the ability to work independently to complete the task. Acts on the behalf of Service Desk leadership during times of unavailability.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in service desk / deskside support and familiarity with ticketing software.
- Strong experience & skill in MS Windows Support, MS Office Support, MS Email Support, and complex Active Directory support (incl., Group Policies)
- Strong experience & skill in providing break/fix troubleshooting of PC/Laptop hardware & software.
- Proven exceptional customer service skills, attention to detail, time management, interpersonal skills, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.