For additional information on how we handle your data, see www.LRS.com/privacy
Fulcrum Consulting, an LRS company is seeking a Project Manager for a position with our client in Minneapolis, MN.The role of the Technology Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to agreed upon timelines and within budget. This includes developing and managing the detailed project plan, communicating the project status, acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Technology Project Manager defines the projects objectives and oversees quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- The candidate must possess strong management, leadership and organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven project management experience.
- Experience managing complex projects with cross-functional project teams. The ability to manage project scope changes and project risk.
- Knowledge of system development methodologies and deliverables.
- Solid vendor management skills and the ability to work independently or with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Create, execute and manage full-scale project plans using Microsoft Project or Excel spreadsheets, to track project milestones, deliverables and daily tasks.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and status to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Determine the frequency and content of status reports with the project team.
- Define project roles and responsibilities, and determine project resource requirements, working with resource managers to obtain necessary resources, both internal and external, needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop business relationships with project team members as well as stakeholders for the success of the project.
- Schedule and Lead project meetings as needed. Includes providing meeting agendas meeting minutes.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans. Work with the business to identify, define and analyze needs or issues and provide input into issue resolution
- Assist or facilitate the preparation of the test approach. Ensures that test plans and test scripts are written and executed adequately prior to implementation.
- Must fill in gaps in project roles/functions as needed to get the project done. Could include providing hands on assistance with activities such as requirements gathering/writing, writing test plans or scripts or conducting testing.
- Facilitate user training as applicable to the project.
- Work with the project team to prepare and execute the implementation tasks/schedule. Facilitate implementation checkpoint meetings to support the project team.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project post implementation project reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Bachelor's degree required (focus in Business/Finance or Technology preferred).
- 4-6 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Finance/Brokerage Industry experience is preferred.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all phases of the project life cycle and project deliverables.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Experience working on multiple projects across a variety of business lines at the same time.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform and adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines effectively through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possesses the ability to address conflict and manage stressful situations with confidence and calm.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
Fulcrum Consulting, an LRS Company, is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.